Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Newberry Medal Awards

Dear Readers,

The following two books have won the Newberry Medal:
Maniac Magee and ...And Now Miguel. Do you know who the
authors are? I shall review these two books next time.

We, as children picture book writers and authors, cannot
succumb to failure. Do you know many people became authors
after being refused numerous times, and they were over the age of
50. Can you name some? I'll give you a list next week.

KEEP READING GOOD PICTURE BOOKS TO YOUR CHILDREN.

Of course, Dr. Seuss was the master of picture books. Children of all ages
should read his books. They have a melodic flow, rhyme, and the pictures are
interesting.

One of my favorites is GREEN EGGS AND HAM. This is a beginner book where your child can read it by himself. FROG AND TOAD TOGETHER, an I Can Read Book and winner of the Newberry Honor Award, was written by Arnold Lobel and published in 1971.

What is your child's favorite Dr. Seuss book? How about you?

Sincerely,
Ravenous Reader(a. k. a. Frankie)


No comments:

Post a Comment