Dear Readers,
I ALREADY KNOW I LOVE YOU, written by Billy Crystal and illustrated
by Elizabeth Sayles, is the story based on Mr. Crystal's experience of becoming a grandpa for the first time. Published in 2004 by Harper Collins, the first stanza of the story is:
"I'm going to be your grandpa!
I have the biggest smile.
I've been waiting to meet you
for such a long, long while.
As you can see, the book is in rhyme. There are big, beautiful pastel pictures that go with the text. Mr. Krystal describes things he wants to do with
his grandchild when he/she is born. He wants to play peekaboo, horsey, hear the baby giggle, feel the heartbeat as the baby lies on his chest. He waits to explain why the sky is blue. He wants eat icecream with his grandchild.
There are many more activities Mr. Krystal wants to do with his grandchild when he/she is born.
"I want to teach you about our family
with pictures from long ago.
You're the new twig on our tree,
and I can't wait to watch you grow.
The story is very sincere. The last line of the story is:
"I'm going to be your grandpa, and...
I can hardly wait.
This picture book is hard-cover. The story is so beautiful. It can be read aloud to your child or silently he/she can read it. Every page has a new adventure. After reading this book, you get a sense of security, happiness, and joy of being a grandpa.
Go to the library and get I ALREADY KNOW I LOVE YOU.
THERE ARE SO MANY PICTURE BOOKS OUT THERE TO READ AND ENJOY.
READ, READ, READ.
GOD BLESS YOU.
SINCERELY,
Frankie (a.k.a. Ravenous Reader)
No comments:
Post a Comment