Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A NEW YEAR, MORE BOOKS TO READ

Dear Readers,
It's been a while since my last blog. I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with love, joy, peace and good  will.

As you know, we've been having some freezing  weather and snow and ice. "Br, Br, Br." Be careful walking and going to school.


There are two books I think you would  enjoy. Fletcher and the Falling Leaves-written  by Julia Rawlinson and illustrated by Tiphanie Beeke.
Published in 2006 by Greenwillow Books,  the illustrations are in pastel.
Fletcher is the story of a fox who worries about his favorite tree that is losing leaves. He feels  that the tree is  sick.  Something magical happens.
Read to find out. (the book is soft cover.)


Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cane  wrote and illustrated a best-selling picture book for children, ages 4-8.  The title is: I'm Gonna Like Me Letting  Off a Little Self-Esteem. The sentences rhyme, the story reads fast, and the illustrations are big and colorful. Each page is full  of
action.  The main theme of the story is "Like  yourself, no matter what."

Tomorrow, I will let you know about a grandfather and his grandchild.
Would you know the name of the picture book?

Have a great day. God bless. Read, read, read.

Sincerely,
Frank Conte (a.k.a. Frankie, the Ravenous Reader).

No comments:

Post a Comment