Dear Readers,
Did you guess from the clues I gave you about the two picture books I briefly mentioned last week?
The first one is:
Title: KNUFFLE BUNNY TOO
Author: Mo Willems
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Age Range: 2-5
Summary: Trixie, holding Knuffle Bunny, and Dad, holding a laundry basket, walk down the block, go past the school and enter the laundromat. Trixie helps her Dad put the clothes in the machine, and Dad looks at her. By mistake, he picks up Knuffle Bunny and puts it in the laundromat. Dad makes Trixie put money in the machine, and they go home. Halfway there, Trixie shouts and Dad says,"We're going home." As they get home, Trixie's mom asks, "Where's Knuffle Bunny?" The three of them run down the block, through the park and zoomed past the school. Trixie's dad looked and looked and looked into the machine, and finally, he found Knuffle Bunny. Everyone was happy.
The pictures are colorful, huge and life-like. This story won a Caldecott Honor. I recommend this story to the age group.
The second book is:
Title: IT'S MY TURN
Author: David Bedford, Elaine Field
Publisher: Scholastic
Age Range: 2-5
Summary: Oscar, the dog, and Tilly, the cat are at the playground, but Tilly always wants to go first on the slide and the merry-go-round. Tilly says, "It's not your turn," and "I haven't finished." Tilly gets dizzy on the merry-go-round, and Oscar says "It's my turn." Tilly feels better and asks Oscar, "Can I slide after you?" "No, it's not your turn," Oscar says. Tilly now asks Oscar to go on the swing after him. "It's still my turn," he says. When they get to the see-saw, they realize it's fun to play together.
This book is in paperback. It has colorful, huge pictures, good dialogue and not many words per page. I recommend this book highly.
Please make certain your child reads everyday.
God bless.
Sincerely,
Ravenous Reader (a.k.a. Frankie)
No comments:
Post a Comment