Saturday, May 22, 2010

THE LITTLE RED HEN

Dear Readers,

The LITTLE RED HEN by Jerry Pinkney, published in 2006, is one of my favorite children's picture books. A Dial Book for Young Readers, the Little Red Hen is hard-working. She plants seeds, cuts and threshes the wheat and finally bakes the bread. She asks the rat, goat, pig and dog to help her. "Not I," they say.

When the bread is out of the oven, warm and aromatic, and the animals want to eat it, she says "No." There is a lesson learned by the animals here, and the last page of the book displays a beautiful picture.

The illustrations are very large, and extremely colorful.

GET THE BOOK FOR YOUR CHILD. THEY WOULD ENJOY IT.

IT'S EASY READING.

Have you taken your little one to the library yet? Browse through the children's section with him/her. Let him/her pick out a book he/she is interested in.

Next week, I shall write about another picture book I recommend. Here's a line from the book:
"If I was an ostrich, I could run really fast." Can you guess what book this is?




Here are some children's stories I like to watch on T.V. I recommend them to your child.
Curious George, Dora the Explorer, My friend, Rabbit, Marvin, the Tap Dancing Horse, BJ,
Pecola. If you watch these with your child, you can ask questions about the stories. See if he is paying attention. Have your children draw the characters. Have them write about the program they just saw.

Have a good weekend. God bless.


Sincerely,

Ravenous Reader (a. k.a Frankie)

P.S.- You know reading is important. Introduce your child to books at an early age?

No comments:

Post a Comment