Dear Readers,
We celebrated my Mom's 84th Birthday yesterday. She blew out all the candles on her favorite cake, cheesecake. She seemed so happy that the family was there.
On February 12fth, my Dad was discharged after being in the hospital for almost three weeks. He was so thrilled to come home. Mom's eyes lit up when she saw him.
I think my grandmother, Maria, is watched over my Dad. She came to America from Italy on the same day, with my Mom who was 2 years old.
WE cannot forget Valentine's Day. My wife, Anna and I celebrated the holiday the next day, since I was scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy that day.
February and March are months for celebration for our family. My wife's birthday, my brother's birthday, my birthday, and my Dad's birthday, all follow one another.
Parents, you can have your children look up St. Valentine, holidays, celebrations, birthdays. Do your children know who your ancestors are? Where did they come from? You can help them research this. A Mom and Dad working with their children goes a long way.
Today, instead of books, I'm listing a few educational t.v. programs.
1. Clifford, the Big Red Dog
2. Dora the Explora
3. Maya and Miguel
4. Angelina the Ballerina
5. Blue's Clues
Please have your children read. I can't stress enough how important this is. Read to your child aloud. Let your child read to you aloud. Discuss the pictures.
Along with reading, goes writing. Have your child write about the shows they watch. Limit your child's t.v. watching, too.
God bless.
Sincerely,
(Ravenous Reader, a.k. a. Frankie)
No comments:
Post a Comment