Dear Readers,
We had a mixture of rain and snow yesterday, and it's cold today. We're supposed to have a bit more snow tomorrow. But it's spring, and we had warmer weather last week, almost in the 70's.
I have a feeling the good weather won't arrive until April. Speaking of April, my Aunt and Uncle had 2 feet of snow on their wedding day, on April 15th, 1956. Incredible, isn't it?
My wife and I went to my cousin's SWEET 16 PARTY on Friday night at Villa Barone in Throgg Neck. What a wonderful party!
Parents, you can have your children write about all kinds of weather. You can have your children read about earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes and all kinds of disasters and where they occur.
Your children can write about parties: graduation, sweet 16, weddings, communions, confirmations, christenings. They also can participate with the family.
As I mentioned in earlier posts, have your children read silently and aloud for a half hour each day. Go over difficult words. Have him or her write about the pictures in the book. Ask questions. Be a good part of his reading experience.
Ask your children what are some of the things they can do in a snowstorm. What would they do if a tornado strikes? Or an earthquake?
There are many childrens' animated cartoons on the Qubo channel. I like Clifford, the Big, Red Dog, Marvin, the Tap-Dancing Horse, Angelina Ballerina and Rabbit.
They're enteraining, and your child will learn. Some are on Channel 13, too.
When I went to school, I would go to the library at least twice a week. We had to do a book report every month. The library is a great learning institution, and it is quiet--the perfect place to read or do research.
New Childrens' picture books come out daily. The libraries are full of these books for your child to read. They are interesting and have great illustrations.
PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, TEACHERS, AND THOSE WHO READ TO CHILDREN,
PLEASE SEND ME FEEDBACK AND FOLLOW MY BLOG. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR CHILD IS READING.
THANK YOU.
SINCERELY,
RAVENOUS READER( A.K.A. Frankie)
No comments:
Post a Comment