Dear Readers,
Happy Thanksgiving to all. God bless you, too.
Parents, have you read any books to your child on the First
Thanksgiving. Is your child capable of drawing this family holiday? You can help.
The names of the foods you ate today are appropriate vocabulary for your child to learn.
Have you taught your child the meaning of grateful? Does he/she tell you what he/she is grateful for on this day? Do you tell them?
I am grateful for my wife, my parents, my brother, my nieces,
my aunt, all my friends--family, classmates and my teacher friends. I am blessed. My aunts, my uncles, my cousins--we are all close and are there for each other. I am also grateful
for the deep love my wife and I share with each other, for fairly good health, for peace in the world. We thank God everyday for our's and the families' well-being.
On this particular day, you can brainstorm with your child, the following words: family, Thanksgiving, grateful, friendship, celebrate and maize.
And after you find the wishbone from the turkey, explain to your child what it is, and what you do with it. Break it with your child.
You can make fond memories with your children or grandchildren,not only during the holidays, but each day of the year.
I shall review two picture books next week.
Keep reading to your child. Go to the library with your child.
God bless.
Sincerely,
Ravenous Reader (a.k.a. Frankie )
No comments:
Post a Comment