Dear Readers,
Last Sunday, my wife, Anna, and I, participated in a truly beautiful and blessed event. Our cousins, Maryann and Christopher, had their precious, little baby boy,
Gianni, christened at St. Theresa's Church, in Pelham Bay. The Algien, the Conte and the Buonaiuto families united to witness this happy occasion.
The reception took place at Villa Barone, in Pelham Bay. Anna and I had the opportunity to hold Gianni. In church, and at the reception, he was quiet. The music did not wake him up. The food was exceptional. Anna and I danced several dances.
Where does the name Gianni come from? Do you know? It comes from the Greek,
meaning "God is good." Maryann and Christopher were blessed by God with a
beautiful son, Gianni.
I can't believe our cousin, Maryann, is a Mommy. I baptized her, and I have seen her grow into a beautiful, young woman.
Now let's write about what Maryann and Christopher can do. Both can feed Gianni, diaper him, change him, dress him, rock him to sleep, play with him, sing to him, among other things.
In the books, What Moms Can't Do, and What Dads Can't Do, we have several examples. Moms can't wait to wake up their kids in the morning, can never pick out the right clothes, can't have purple marshmallows for breakfast, can't run very fast, can't say good-bye to their children on the first day of school, can't watch scary movies by themselves and can't let go of a hug without a kiss. Dads can't cross the street without holding hands, dads get found at hide and seek, but they have a hard time finding you, they seem to have trouble holding on to their money and they can't eat just one piece of chocolate cake.
These Moms and Dads are not regular people, like Maryann and Christopher. They are creatures, and I can't tell you what creatures.
Both Moms and Dads can do one special thing. These creatures can...... Read the books to find out. Both books are written by Douglas Wood.
I am certain that Maryann and Christopher will be able to do everything for Gianni, and even more, as he grows up.
God bless.
Sincerely,
Ravenous Reader (a. k. a. Frankie)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
No comments:
Post a Comment